Welcome Back

Welcome Back

Welcome back to school. I hope we all have an amazing school year. I am super excited for my new position and can't wait to start working with everyone. I plan to use both a Google Site and Blogger to share information with you. The site will be where I store tutorials, links to set up appointments, forms to ask for specific help, and materials for each grade level for digital citizenship and student technology. The blog will be where I store technology news, which will also be emailed when appropriate. This may include upcoming training opportunities, Google news, district-wide app news, and other interesting technology tools.

Google News

Google Classroom is probably the one tool that most fundamentally changed how I integrated technology into my classroom practice. Then as Forms started to integrate with Google Classroom, I even started to use Classroom to administer tests. Now Google Classroom has more improvements. The most exciting for me is that they are adding a lock feature with Forms and Chromebooks that will allow teachers to have students take tests in a locked browser so that students cannot access outside web pages.

There are even more changes coming to Classroom. I have created a tutorial for these upcoming changes on the new Snowline Technology Google Site. Please check it out here. The biggest change is in the loss of a back button and the splitting of the Stream into Stream and Classwork. The classwork page is a column with the assignments collapsed in groups under each topic. As I said, please check out the tutorial that I created to help you through the changes.

Training

I hope to meet with teachers within PLCs, teams, and individually to help you with specific needs as well as other training opportunities. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time even if you think your question isn't important, it is to me. I will have a Google Form to set up appointments with me or to request that I create a screencast (a video) of me explaining how to do something. I am willing to create screencasts for both teacher and student use. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rarely Used Google Tools

Summer Fun