Summer Fun

Summer Planning is Summer Fun

As this school year ended the strangest thing happened, I realized that I all of the plans that I had kicking around my head for next year were no longer relevant to the new position. I love teaching, and my favorite part is planning lessons and playing with new tools all summer long. Since I can't apply my planned changes to my classroom, I am going to share them here. This is a short list of ideas that I had kicked around for next year.
  • Have weekly discussion questions in Google Classroom using frames from Zwiers for good responses. I did this intermittently in the past, and it was successful.
  • Integrate Flipgrid into class to discuss learning on a more regular basis and have students respond to one another.
  • Have more frequent scaled listening practice using Story Corps and Listenwise materials.
  • Develop a really good Hyperdoc for a novel like this amazing one for The Outsiders I found on the Hyperdocs site.
  • Use Pear Deck to teach and practice sentence structure and grammar on a more regular basis.
  • Use Pear Deck Vocabulary at least weekly for vocabulary and academic language practice.

Comments

  1. Deb,
    What a great resource this will be for teachers! I loved the link to Zwiers' rsources:0) I just may become a "techie" myself with your support.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rarely Used Google Tools

Welcome Back